Monday, March 24, 2014

Crashing and Burning.

After being on spring break for a whole 3 days, I can say without a doubt that this is much needed. I've done nothing, but simply enjoy time at the beach, reading, and spending time with the family. It's been a blast.
I've still been trekking my way through Love Does by Bob Goff and even though it feels like it's been a million years since I began it, it still hits me every time I pick it up. 
So the other day I was sitting on my beach trying to cover up every inch of my body because of the massive sun burn that is covering my legs, stomach, my neck (what???), and well, just my hairline (rest of the face was fine). I did a very poor job at putting on sunscreen, obviously. I was giggling to myself as I was reading through Bob's amazing and unbelievable stories of high tea in London and flipping Jeeps. I eventually got to a story about his son crashing his motorcycle. His son's reaction was pretty remarkable. Instead of being devastated he got up, brushed himself off, and said, "that was awesome." I was taken back by what Bob said next, "Sometimes the crashing and burning is awesome." How can crashing and burn be awesome? It's terrible. It hurts. It means we have to clean up a big mess and start from scratch.
Life is a process and sometimes we crash and burn, but those moments of failure don't need to looked at with shame or remorse, but maybe they can be moments we look at and remind ourselves of how awesome that season in our life was and the crashing and burning may have hurt a bit, but it's an amazing story now of persistence, God's faithfulness, and our most vulnerable states. 

Perspective. 















No comments:

Post a Comment