Wednesday, February 12, 2014

To Sum it Up.

Sometimes I feel like my mind cannot stop running. It's constantly moving with one thought leading to the next, almost so much that I can't hold onto to a thought more than a few minutes before I've taken myself down pointless and unproductive spirals. I find myself dwelling on the worse situations, insecurities, fleeting ideas, and crashing into creative road blocks. 

Thoughts are precious. I'm finding the things I should dwell on are usually the ideas I forget and the things I shouldn't dwell on are always the things that I remember. Part of this simplistic, minimalistic lifestyle is minimizing your mind. It's so easy to get so lost in our thoughts that we create our own chaos and we can't take a moment to stop, breathe, and recognize a sustainable thought. 

One of the ways I've tried to practice this is just by trying to take a thought or feeling and trying to capture it in a phrase. Something relatively simple and easy to remember, but something I can hold onto, write down, recognize my thoughts that came along with it. Then I can decide if it's something worth dwelling on or something I can move on from. 

Give your mind a break. Allow yourself to process. It has AMAZED me how much it has changed my attitude and perspective when times get rough. 

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. " Philippians 4:8


No comments:

Post a Comment