Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Dear 2013

Dear 2013,

You have been quite the year. Even in the midst of a really trying and painful month, I can look back and see so many beautiful memories. I learned how to paint. I started my own jewelry shop and actually have found a bit of success in it! I minimized my closet and began the process of minimizing various things in my life. I learned how to sew. I moved into an apartment with my best friend. I made new friends. I saw friends fall in love. I saw my sister go off to school in California and my brother start high school. I saw God's grace and continuously saw it everyday. I learned what it meant to be present in moment and love it. I started doing yoga. I fell in love. I realized it wasn't my own, but it was given to live in and be embraced by and recognize the Lord's faithfulness through every step. I took a risk I can't and won't regret despite the heartbreak. And even in the midst of a hard end of the year, I see the Lord ever more present. I still feel His peace and believe in His peace and the great comfort of it. Wherever the Lord leads me in 2014 will be just as amazing. It will be filled with heartbreak and joy, but either way I will grow closer and closer to the one who has always been present. 

A good friend told me the other day she is claiming 2014 to be a year "from ashes to beauty." I think she was right. Beauty and restoration are near. 

Happy New Years,

Mariel 

No comments:

Post a Comment