Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sabbath

There remains therefore a Sabbath rest for the people of God. For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall through following the same example of disobedience.
Hebrews 4:9-11

Week after week I am finding the great need and importance for rest and how easy it is for rest to be lost in the daily hustle of life. Rest is good. It's okay to step back and breathe. God called us to rest. He gave us 6 days of work and one day to just rest. That day is intentional and necessary. Find a little rest in your everyday. Walk to class and enjoy it. Walk with prayer and gratefulness. Invest in someone and be invested in. Be creative. That's my challenge every week for myself. I want to create 2 things every week that are not for a class or project, but are for my rest. Find your rest and take it. 
Enjoy Sabbath. 



No comments:

Post a Comment