Thursday, November 14, 2013

Essential over the Excessive.

Many people believe that being a minimalist means removing everything from your closet and living with only a hand full of things. While this potentially could be true (very much an extreme though) this is not the only way that minimalism can be practiced. What if minimalism was applied to time? What if by cramming our schedules with minute by minute activities we are losing rest and quality in time?
Time is precious and I am finding more and more how precious it really is. By slimming down our schedules and deciding what is essential over what is excessive we can invest more of ourselves into each thing we do whether that is our homework, our relationships and friendships, our jobs, or creativity. Spending time choosing what matters and removing what is just too much can allow you to find more time in your day to rest, to sit down and have a cup a tea with a friend, or enjoy a book. When we cram so much into our schedules we feel as if we are achieving some kind of honor for having the longest to do list, but is really everything on that list being done with the greatest effort? I want to make sure that each day I am choosing to be all present in each thing I do. When I sit down and read my Bible I want to be all there and investing all the time needed in the Word. I want to sit down a with a friend and not be concerned about crossing things off a to do list, but to be totally focused on investing in them. Time is not ours. We are blessed with time to share and enjoy. I want to give my fullest into each thing I choose to spend my time doing.

Enjoy your time!








No comments:

Post a Comment